24 Jun 2019 - 28 Jun 2019
The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) relies on innovation to enhance the capabilities of the Treaty’s verification regime as well as to help move the Treaty closer to universalization and entry into force. As the seventh event in the CTBT: Science and Technology conference series, SnT2019 will bring together around 1000 scientists, technologists, academics, students, CTBTO policy makers, members of the media and representatives of organizations involved in research and development that is relevant to all aspects of Treaty verification.
More details are provided at www.ctbto.org/SnT2019.
- To broaden and strengthen the engagement of the scientific communities working in test ban monitoring, including young scientists, and to enhance the geographic and gender representations of these communities
- To support the exchange of knowledge and ideas between the CTBTO and the broader scientific community
- To identify opportunities and possible solutions to continuously improve nuclear test monitoring and verification
- To identify how scientific developments and cooperation can support national needs and frame policy objectives in support of the CTBT
- To promote the wider civil and scientific applications of techniques and data used for test ban verification
25 Feb 2019 - 01 Mar 2019
The objectives for the Latin America and Caribbean Regional Infrasound Workshop are:
To further build up the national and regional capacities in implementing the Treaty and participating in the verification regime, as well as to promote the civil and scientific application of verification technologies, in particular to promote the importance of infrasound technology;
To promote the exchange of experience and expertise in Infrasound technology among the NDCs in LAC region;
To strengthen participants’ knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission.
The additional objectives for the Infrasound Training:
To understand and learn how Infrasound data can help in the verification regime and civil and scientific application;
To learn how to use the Infrasound tools in the NDC in a Box (NiaB) package with processing the data collected from Costa Rica portable array experiment;
To stimulate regional cooperation in Infrasound data analysis through the NDCs.