The purpose of the Infrasound Technology Workshop 2017 is to create an international forum for presenting and discussing recent advancements in infrasound research and operational capabilities of global and regional networks.
The objectives for the NDC Capacity Building Workshop are:
• to strengthen participants’ knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission;
• to further build up the national and regional capacities in implementing the Treaty and participating in the verification regime, as well as to promote the civil and scientific application of verification technologies, in particular to promote the importance of Ground-Truth (GT) event locations in defining regional seismic velocity structures and models;
• to share data and to develop the Regional Seismic Travel Time Model (RSTT) in Africa through the acquisition of GT seismic locations.
The additional objectives for the Data Sharing and Integration Training:
• to understand and learn how RSTT can help regional networks achieve more precise event locations;
• to learn how RSTT can be interfaced with current locators used in daily earthquake location procedures;
• to recognize the importance of obtaining better regional locations for future tomographic studies;
• to stimulate regional cooperation in data exchange through the NDCs and/or regional network operators.
The purpose of the workshop is to present and evaluate the most recent advances in noble gas monitoring in support of the CTBT.