13 Apr 2021 - 14 Apr 2021
The role of the Alpha Testers Group (ATG) is to validate the results of the system, provide feedbacks on the system design and usability.
NDCs involved in Alpha Testing activities are expected to make time available for the ATG Members to perform the related activities.
It is estimated that each ATG member will need to devote around 20 days of work in 2021 to ATG activities.
- Present the scope of the testing session;
- Provide the current status of development;
- Guide the testers on the discovery of the newly developed features; and
- Get ATG members able to run testing scripts and adapt them to different test cases
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experienced in waveform processing and knowledgeable about the current IDC SHI processing;
- Experience in waveform technology and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification technologies;
- Experienced in software programming or scripting, ideally using Python; and
- Linux background and some experience working with APIs are desirable.
26 Apr 2021 - 30 Apr 2021
To provide Station Operators with the knowledge and technical understanding on the operations, maintenance and management of an IMS infrasound station using Nanometrics Europa-T and Guralp DM24 digitizers.
Upon completion of the course the trainees will be able to efficiently perform essential tasks for station operation, reporting and configuration management, to conduct proper State of Health (SOH) and data monitoring, and to proceed with methodical equipment and software configuration and maintenance.
In particular, the trainees will be able to:
- Identify and describe the main station systems, components and equipment;
- Proceed with Europa-T and DM24 digitizers and SSI software configuration;
- Use State-of-Health (SOH) and data monitoring tools and demonstrate ability to assess station performance and SOH information;
- Outline main operational tasks and practice on IRS reporting;
- Explain the concept of configuration management and demonstrate efficient use of DOTS;
- Demonstrate interrelationship between operations and maintenance activities and sources of support to sustain IMS stations and
- Develop plans for mitigation, troubleshooting and problem solving of failures with significant impact on station performance, including recent experiences in relation to COVID-19 pandemic.