02 Mar 2020 - 06 Mar 2020
The objectives are:
Regional Infrasound Workshop
To further build up the national and regional capacities in implementing the Treaty and participating in the verification regime, as well as to promote the civil and scientific application of verification technologies, in particular to promote the importance of infrasound technology;
To promote the exchange of experience and expertise in Infrasound technology among the NDCs in SEAPFE region;
To strengthen participants’ knowledge of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) and the work of the Preparatory Commission.
To share experiences, insights, and vision to strengthen effective NDCs development
Infrasound Integrated Training
To understand and learn how Infrasound data can help in the verification regime and civil and scientific application;
To learn how to use the Infrasound tools in the NDC in a Box (NiaB) package with processing the data collected from Indonesia portable array experiment;
To stimulate regional cooperation in Infrasound data analysis through the NDCs.
05 Mar 2020 - 06 Mar 2020
The PTS is exploring ways to improve the performance of the IDC’s automatic processing pipeline, an important aspect of which is the timely and high-quality automatic processing of aftershock sequences and other recurring events. For this reason the PTS launched a project with the objective to evaluate three algorithms that will help address this issue, namely the Empirical Matched Field algorithm by NORSAR, the SeisCorr algorithm by Sandia National Labs and the XSEL algorithm by the IDC.
The objective of this technical expert meeting is threefold:
- For the developers of these algorithms to present their tools and methods and how they addressed specific aftershock sequences and recurrent events;
- For the IDC to present the experimental pipeline it developed in order to integrate these algorithms and generate automatic seismic event lists;
- For all participants to discuss the performance of the methods, compare them with one another, note each method’s pros and cons and compile a common summary agreed upon by the three stakeholders.
Meeting participants are welcome to contribute to the technical meeting by making 15 minute presentation(s) related to the topics above.
14 Apr 2020 - 17 Apr 2020
Provide a forum for NDC experts to share experience in fulfilling their verification responsibilities;
Provide NDC feedback to the PTS on all aspects of the data, products, services and support NDCs in their work; under this objective, special emphasis will be put on:
- NDC contribution to Performance Monitoring and Testing (through NPEs and other means)
- Discussion on NDC involvement in the IDC Progressive Commissioning Plan
- Discussion of recent and on-going IDC projects: